Edamame and Green Bean Stir Fry - Erin


I'm basically a sucker for anything with lemon.  Or anything citrusy, really.  This is a stir fry with green beans, edamame (soy beans) and snap peas from Bonnie Stern's "Essentials of Home Cooking."  I didn't want to buy the monster-size bag of snap peas, so I used snow peas instead, and just put them in later so they didn't overcook.  You get everything nice and crisp and green, and then with the garlic, lemon and mint it is delicious, and so fresh tasting.  I highly recommend it!


what you will need
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut in half
8 oz sugar snap peas (or snow peas), trimmed
1 lb shelled edamame (about 3 cups)
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint

Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.  Add the garlic and cook, stirring on medium high heat for about 10 seconds.  Add the green beans and sugar snap peas (if using - if snow peas, hold off) and stir-fry for 30 seconds.  Add edamame and snow peas, if using, and stir-fry for 30 seconds.  Add the water and salt, and bring to a boil, cooking for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are tender and bright green.  Most of the water should have evaporated by now.  Add the lemon peel and mint and toss.  Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, and enjoy!




Comments

  1. Next week, my parents will go to my home and I need to cook a delicious dish, because they're vegetarian. I think this blog will help me a lot to serve the perfect dish for them. Thanks for this idea!

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin